Security and Human Resources: A Critical Partnership eLearning Collection
In most organizations, security and HR have several responsibilities that co-relate or are interdependent. This eLearning collection offers a high level examination of several areas where the two functions overlap or support each other and provides ideas and strategies on how to build a partnership that is mutually beneficial and strengthens the organization.
Areas covered include:
- Employment: pre-employment screening, termination practices
- Investigating staff: insider threat, harassment
- Protecting staff: active assailant and workplace violence
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- List considerations for pre-employment screening
- Cite risk factors for workplace violence
- Ask the right types of questions in workplace investigations
- Apply key learnings to establish a good working relationship with the human resources department
This eLearning collection combines GSX session recordings and supporting written material from Security Management magazine.