Tipping Point: Keys to Developing and Implementing a Comprehensive Violence Prevention Program
Learn to develop and implement comprehensive violence prevention programs for employees, contractors, and volunteers based on key components of the updated ASIS/ANSI Standard on Workplace Violence and Active Assailant – Prevention, Intervention and Response.
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
3:00 - 4:00 PM ET
CPPS (Center for Personal Protection and Safety)
Even as other types of crime drop, violence is soaring. FBI data for 2020 show a 30 percent increase in murder, the highest year-over-year increase ever. Aggravated assault is up 12 percent. Much of this is driven by the pandemic fallout, economic disruption, and political and cultural divisions. Now more than ever, it is critical that all organizations develop and implement comprehensive violence prevention programs for their employees, contractors, and volunteers. This 60-minute webinar will provide participants:
- An understanding of the key components of the updated ASIS/ANSI Standard on Workplace Violence and Active Assailant – Prevention, Intervention and Response
- Background on how Covid, work from home, return to work, social divisions, and other factors have triggered record violence
- An understanding of potential liability exposure to an organization that does not have a Violence Prevention Program in place
- Strategies for developing effective WPV training programs at 4 different levels
- Awareness Training for all Employees
- Enhanced Training for Manager and Supervisors
- Threat Management Team Training
- Executive Level Training
- Strategies for establishing a Violence Prevention Program for a virtual workforce
- Case study from corporate member on program implementation and overcoming roadblocks
- Introduction of ASIS Enterprise Solutions
- Randy Spivey, CEO/Founder, Center for Personal Protection and Safety
- Dave Benson, Senior Advisor, CPPS Global Operations and Threat Mitigation
*Note: Speakers and content are subject to change without notice.
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. CPE credits for ASIS-sponsored webinars will be updated in your user profile within 48 hours of completion. Self-reporting of CPE credits is not required.