How to Leverage OSINT Data During a Crisis
The internet has facilitated the use of open-source Intelligence (OSINT) due to the speed, and accessibility it provides to rich content sources. This has given corporate security teams unprecedented access to real-time information, and understanding OSINT as a crisis unfolds has never been more crucial.
Join us, as samdesk highlights how your teams can leverage OSINT sources and digest the information provided to respond to a crisis when every second counts.
- OSINT overview
- OSINT tools for corroboration
- Real-time response review (i.e. active shooter situation)
- Understanding sources
- Scaling your security team to manage OSINT data
- And more!
After attending this presentation, you will understand:
- What is OSINT and what role can it play in a crisis?
- How to unpack a crisis alert quickly to understand its impact
- Understand the data sources that support your response
- Finding primary sources and why that matters
- Tools to streamline your crisis management
- Organizational and prioritizing of a crisis
- Scaling social monitoring to the size of your team
- Approaches to organising a team to react to a real time crisis
- Sharing resources within your team
- How to approach real-time verification using OSINT
- Understanding where and when
- Monitoring developing online conversations
- Quick searches and lists
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. CPE credits for ASIS-sponsored webinars will be updated in your user profile within 48 hours of completion. Self-reporting of CPE credits is not required.
Louise Tierny, SVP of Alerts and Data at samdesk, leads a team of data and intelligence analysts utilizing proprietary AI to deliver high quality breaking news alerts. She boasts an in-depth background in journalism, monitoring social media for breaking news, viral videos and emerging trends, and was recently shortlisted for the Future Star: Tech for Good Award in 2019 and 2020.
Peadar Grogan, Head of Real-Time Coverage at samdesk, is a respected editor, researcher and breaking news veteran. Previously at Storyful, his OSINT analysis contributed to the work of leading global news brands and social media platforms.
*Note: Speakers and content are subject to change without notice.